Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy but broke

We have this rule that we cannot owe anything on our credit cards from Christmas.  Well, I didn't add anything but I sure lowered our checking account.  We sent out mostly gift cards.  I don't know who started  the gifrt card thing, and I'm not sure I like it but it comes in handy especially for teenagers.
it does seem like you are not putting much thought into the gift though.
Now I have to work on building the checking account back up.
I have found that I have these rules that I make for myself since retiring and some people would think I am going off the deep end and they may not be too far off. 
I have this fear that something catustrophic will happen  and one of us will be in the hospital with a serious problem ,. and when we get the bill it will be huge.  So I think I have to keep at least a large amount of money where we can get at it. It is never touched.  I have watched as friends go broke on medical bills .  It really scares me.  I don't have much faith in insurance now days,.
I also do not make a new bill until the old one is paid off.  My husbasnd feels the same way for the most part but he thinks I go too far at times.  We needed a new roof and a different car at the same time and I wouldn't even look at a new car until the roof was completely paid for.  I don't know what I think is going to happen and I don't want to find out.
I also check my credit score quite often. I guesss after reading all this I must be a little parinoid,  Another thing to work on it the new year.
 Have a great day. say hi to God.

Luv ya  Sass                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

1 comment:

matina said...



i was diagnosed of parkinson disease 5 years ago,i started azilect then mirapex as the disease progressed in frebuary last year,and i started on parkinson disease herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic,few months into the treatment i made a significant recovery,almost all my symptoms are gone,great improvement with my movement and belance,it been a year and life has been so good for me,contact them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com