Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spring cleaning in the almost fall

cartoon-jigsaw-puzzle


About a year ago my husband and I made a deal which has caused me many times to say to myself what was I thinking.You see he thought I was becoming a hoarder.  So now everytime I get something new I have to throw away something.  It has been quite a challenge to make myself do this.  And he doesn't seen to care that at times I get rid of much more than 1.  Just last month I gave 26 tees and blouses to our niece to either keep or pass on to friends.  You would think that would make quite a hole in my dtawerss, however, they are all still crowded.  I have this thing for clothes and I usually buy better brands so they last forever..I especially like pjs and have 3 big drawers full of them.  I get them from my sons practically every gift giving holdiay it's easier for them and they know how much I like them. This getting rid of things includes furniture too.  I found an old secretary desk and had to give something that takes up that much space away I chose a table that I really wanted to keep, but a deal is a deal.  Today I decided all on my own to get rid of some books and puzzles from the family room.  I have three garbage bags full so far.  I love books and puzzles and all winter long a puzzle is going on the coffee table in the family room, along with two or three books depending on if I am writing a story of my own. I am gettting ready for the winter making lots of room for the incoming good stuff.  I know I am not the only one who has this problem.  I have been in homes just like mine chock full of good stuff it's hard to let go isn't it?  Iwill say this the family room looks bigger right now, and kinda empty. I will have to do something about this.  Hope you are reading a really good book if so tell me cause I am looking.   Have a great day Sass

No comments: