Monday, November 28, 2011

Today is my anniversary

I have been married 47 years today.  Amazing! who would have thought in this day of quickie divorces we could have made it this long.  Don't get me wrong there have been times I wondered why I married this man and I am sure he had the same thoughts, but it all comes out in the wash , so to speak, and you continue on. 
there have been some reallly great years and there have been some not so great years.  Either health or money, or jobs, cause hard times  Somehow you muddle through it and go on. 

To my Husband

When we said I do in 64
I had no clue what was in store.
I was dumb, ready and willing to see
whatever the future had  in store for me
we lost our first and then had two
babies both boys you see God knew
I couldn't fix hair, tie bows and such
all fussy things with a girly touch.
the boys made us proud in their own special way
for this I thank God each and every day.
But more I thank him for sending this man
I know it was written for us in his plan
So honey I love you I don't say that each day
but I try to show you in my own clumsy way
Happy Anniversay, is what you will hear
we will be together year after year.




 

1 comment:

jutka said...

Happy belated Anniversary, Sass! I was off for awhile, but the first thing I did today was reading your postings. I feel much better now, please don't worry about me! What a beautiful family, and your poem bought tears in my eyes. The good Lord give you many-many more years of happiness together!
Your friend, Jutka