Monday, November 7, 2011

My birthday weekend

What a great weekend.  My husband decided to take me away to celebrate.  We went to St Louis and spent our time going back to visit our old condo and apartments while I was living there.  We did a lot of shopping and getting ideas for Christmas.  If you have never been to a mills shopping center you should try it sometime.  At St Louis mills there is an ice rink for the St Louis Blues Hockey team to practice in and in between everyone can use it.  What a good idea. We saw kids of all ages and their parents too out on the ice.,It brought back memories of our boys on the ice in Wisconsin. There is also a rock climbing wall, skateboard park, car racing, mini golf, and of course the arcade.  I also like the way the mall is set up in areas with the same type of stores.  section 1 is kids stuff, section 2 ladies , and so on.  After spending a lot of the day there we had a nice ride around the area to see what had changed since we left.Then lunch and off to the hotel to take a swim.  We had booked a poolside room in the hotel and were very happy with the accommodation's until we actually went to the pool.  The water was freezing I think they put ice cubes in to make it colder.  So we decided to go to the sauna to warm up.  It seems the sauna had broken and they put a flower garden in its. place.  So needless to say we didn't spend much time in the pool.  We had a great dinner in the hotel restaurant and called it a fairly early night.  The time change threw us a little of guard and we tried to continue to sleep the next morning, but we ended up going to breakfast and starting on our way home.  We had more shopping to do.  IF you have never gone to a garden ridge this is another place I recommend.  I find more interesting stuff there.  My husband had given me $100 to spend that morning and told me to pick the place I wanted to go. Isn't he great.  Garden ridge.  I knew I wanted to pick up a rug for the kitchen and I almost always get something for a bedroom when I go there.  I love to look at the paintings and pictures.We shopped and shopped and shopped.  Tired but happy it was time for lunch.  Lottawattacreek. A fun place to go. Go hungry though or you will have lots of leftovers.  The atmosphere is fun and the service is good.  We try to go there a few times each year.  The waiters wear tee shirts that say This is not a franchise restaurant we cook our own food. or something like that.  It is very good. Then on to what my husband says is my favorite store.  He gave me some more money and told me to buy a new outfit at where else ladies Bon Worth. Which I did.  On to home where there were flowers, a cake and new pjs waiting for me.  Lots of cards and calls.  The bank scrolled happy birthday to me just as we rode by.  What a weekend.  My family always makes it so special.  Now to just catch up on working off all the good food.  69 years old who would have thought when we were kids that we would reach such an age.  But to tell you the truth I think I am having more fun at this age than I did as a kid.  How about you.   Have a great day Sass.

1 comment:

jutka said...

Wow! What a lovely birthday you'd! Happy Birthday my sweet friend! God bless you and keep you always!
Hugs, Jutka