Thursday, October 13, 2011

Things are getting back to normal kind of

This week has been a little boring after the recent past.  I am back in physical therapy and it is making me very sore, but I think I may be getting better.  That is exciting after so many months of constant pain.  I just hope it works for a long time.
I want to talk a little about my new complaint.  I don't know how things are where you live, but we live on a lake and there are subdivisions.  Each subdivision has it's own set of rules and regulations These rules are supposed to make sure no one builds something that will ruin the property value  or doesn't keep up their property so that the whole area is pleasing and  comfortable. Each subdivision has it's own access to put in boats that is kept up by those people. Ours is probably the nicest park and boat ramp on the lake.  Others try to put in their boats in our area from time to time but a chain which needs key stops them. There are things I do not agree with when it comes to telling me what I can or can't do on my property.  There is a yearly fee and it continues to raise each year.  Our friends in the next subdivision have it worse than we do.  The dues have doubled in price and the restrictions are
getting ridiculous.  You can't put up a shed or cabana for your pool without getting permission. We also have to join the Lake association and pay dues. That too is going up in price yearly. 
This all makes you wonder why didn't I know about this when we bought the property.  Simple it wasn't here.  It seems people can't be happy with live and let live they have to tell you how to live and what your place will look like that you live in.  This is more common than I thought in housing now days.  I pay my dues both places, we have to if we want to put our boat in the water that's why we moved to the lake in the first place.  Do you have restrictions like this too.  Have a great weekend Sass

1 comment:

jutka said...

Hi Sass,
I'm so glad you're back in writing. I kind of neglected my blog lately, too much pain, too many doctors visit. I just want to tell you that my daughter and family also live on a lake, well, it's more like a pound, but they're also having lots of problems with rules and regulations. They live in Alabama.I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Take care, I'm praying for you!
Hugs, Jutka