Thursday, December 13, 2012

can't get into the spirit

 I am having trouble getting into the Christmas spirit.  We have had our children's and adult Christmas programs at church and they went well, but now everything just seems blah again.  Won't be with our family again this year.  It has been so long since we have been together for the holdiays that I can hardly remember it.  I am just not able to travel and their lives are so busy they can't take the time. Besides I think our daughter in laws family will be there with them and that is good that part of the family will celebrate.. 
I am not even going to send Christmas cards this year.  It seems like more and more are cutting down on such things.  I feel guilty about it, but I usually send about 100 and more and that adds up fast money wise.
It looks pretty bare under our poor little tree.  We sent the packages out yesterday so just the three of us have presents from each other. 
We decided to not make so many sweets this year too.  I made 4 dozen cookies and they have been almost all eaten no candy yet .  Hubby always gets  me chocolate covered cherries and I am still waiting for them. Friends make a dish of homemade candy and it has been eaten.  I am hoping not to gain weight this year. 

It seems as tthough I have been at the hospital or doctors office everyother day amd not making much progress.  Still not able to walk very far without a walker and then can't take the weight of standing very long.  Hopefully that will change soon. The one nice thing is that they have given me happy pills so I really don't care very much.
Have a great week.  Don't let grouchy people like me get you down.  Enjoy this time AND SPREAD THE CHEER.  LUV YA sASS

2 comments:

jaymn said...

I'm praying for you...I hope you feel better and your spirits are lifted. When I am feeling down I start a list of all the things I'm grateful for and that puts my life into perspective. Things will get better. You're in God's hands.

Judy in TN aka In10city said...

HI SASS!! I don't know anything to say or do but to just mention that i think you are one fantastic gal, and even if you are not feeling well you still bring encouragement to my soul because i know yours and I think we both know the sun will come out tomrorow..right? and if it doesn't...then we push on and see how many people we can make wonder "why is she smiling at me????"